Whether you are desk bound and wishing to do some gentle exercise from your seat or whether you are interested in a full chair yoga class, try this Sun Loop sequence and notice its effect. Sit upright with a neutral spine away from the back of your chair so your “core” muscles are having to help support you. Have a right angle at the knees and the ankles using cushions or blocks if necessary.
- Begin with hands in prayer position.
- Inhale, extend arms forward at chest level, thumbs and forefinger forming a triangle, palms of the hands facing outwards.
- Exhale – hold hands in extended position.
- Inhale, keeping the triangle shape and reach the arms overhead, allow the gaze to follow
- Exhale, bring hands back to prayer position and lower to chest height
- Repeat four more times, close your eyes and return your hands to your thighs.
- Notice how you feel.